Trabzonspor President Ertugrul Dogan has denied reports that the Turkish club has reached an agreement to sign Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah, following a viral social media post claiming the deal had already triggered a surge in season ticket sales.
The post, which circulated widely this week, alleged that Dogan said the club had sold over 18,000 season tickets after signing Salah, with 7,000 more sales needed to cover the cost of the transfer.
No official statement or credible source was provided to support the claim. The rumor emerged as speculation intensified ahead of Trabzonspor's 59th anniversary celebrations, with reports in France suggesting the Super Lig side was set to hijack rivals Besiktas' move for the former Liverpool player with a deal worth up to $25 million per year.
Speaking to Turkish outlet A Spor on August 2, 2026, Dogan dismissed the speculation directly. "There is no such agreement," he said. "There is no such plan; there is nothing to it." Dogan added that if there were a planned unveiling or travel arrangement for Salah, the club would inform the press and its supporters through official channels.
He acknowledged Salah's quality, describing him as a highly professional and successful player known worldwide, and said any club would want to sign him, but emphasized that no deal is in place.
